*UPDATE* Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the HETI Education Program is currently on hold.
HETI Workshop and Certification Information
The Horses in Education and Therapy International (HETI) Level I Instructor Training and Certification Program provides the basic educational background to facilitate the certification of instructors who will be able to provide knowledgeable, progressive and safe equine experiences for their students who are physically, cognitively, or emotionally disabled.
Level I Instructor Training and Certification is comprised of three phases. Phases I and II include theoretical and practical learning in the areas of:
- Design and management of the riding program
- Building the team
- The horse
- Definition of physical, cognitive and emotional disabilities
- Developmental and postural responses
- Tack and adaptive equipment
- Horse handling
- Equine gait analysis
- Developing your eye
- Horse and rider working together
- Selection and training of mounts
- Methods of knowledge transfer
- Therapeutic riding techniques
- Mounting and dismounting techniques
- Use of volunteers and assistant instructors
- Goal setting, lesson planning
- Hands-on teaching
Phase III is the certification phase.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop, please contact the HETI Office